Sunday, May 11, 2008

Vanessa Carlton in Manila (TriNoma Experience Part 2)


May 9, 2008 - Vanessa's first scheduled performance in TriNoma.

i woke up at around 10AM. i immediately checked my cell phone for any messages from the people with extra passes. later on, i received a text message from the friend of the person selling her tickets asking for the time of our meet-up. i told him that i'd be in TriNoma at around 4PM. when i checked my Pinoy Exchange inbox, the other person whose friend might not come sent me a message. she said that her friend changed her mind and would watch the VC show with her. i told her that it's okay since i already acquired passes.

my original plan that day when i still didn't have passes was to go to Glorietta in the morning to buy something worth 500php so that i would be able to get passes for the Glorietta show. i decided not to go since i would be able to watch Vanessa in TriNoma. though i still planned on going to the Glorietta show. i would just watch outside the barricaded area. like what i said, the important thing for me was to was to see Vanessa up close.

at around 3PM, Rich and i prepared to leave. we arrived in TriNoma at around 4PM. i received a text message from the friend of the ticket seller. he said that the venue was changed to Cinema 7. he was already there in TriNoma. Rich and i immediately went to the cinema lobby. i sent him a text message telling him that i was there already. after a few minutes, he told me that he would meet me after an hour. so Rich and i decided to stroll.

when we reached the ground level, i decided to go to the concierge to inquire about the change of venue. lo and behold, there was a sign saying that another batch of passes are available due to the change of venue. it was amazing because the receipt of my purchases was still in my jeans pocket. i was supposed to leave it at home but decided against it. i can't believe it. i asked the lady how many passes are still available. she said that there are still a lot available.

i then became confused. i did not promise the seller that i would buy her tickets, but i know that they were counting on it. so i sent a text message to the friend and informing him of my dilemma. i knew that he would understand. so i brought out my receipt and got my passes. oh my. the passes are in my hands. i'm going to see Vanessa!!!

Rich and i went back at the 4th level to eat at McDonald's. it was already past 5PM. i also sent a text message to the friend and apologized a lot. he did not reply though. anyway, i ordered McChicken sandwich meal, my favorite. but i couldn't eat. i'll be seeing my favorite singer in two hours! at around 5:30PM, Rich and i went to Cinema 7.


0 comments on "Vanessa Carlton in Manila (TriNoma Experience Part 2)"

Followers