Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Miriam University (formerly Miriam College)


after my tutorial yesterday afternoon, i went to Fully Booked in The Block to find out what's new and to hang out (yes, i'm such a geek that i enjoy hanging out at bookstores). i got elated when i saw new stocks of Jordi Labanda and Agatha Ruiz De La Prada notebooks/journals. they are the notebooks/journals with chic and pretty designs. there were two tables filled with them i didn't know where to begin (in the end, i settled with a small Jordi Labanda notebook and an Agatha Ruiz De La Prada fountain pen).

so there i was, admiring the notebooks/journals, when i saw an old schoolmate of mine stopping near me to look at the bookmarks on display. i called out her name and said "Hi." she look surprised when she saw me. i guess she didn't recognize me at first because she belonged to a batch lower than me. finally, she recognized me and said hi, too. as usual, we asked each other what we have been up to. she's also taking up a Master's degree like me. we mostly talked about our work and studies when our conversation turned to our old school, Miriam College. i haven't been there for a while. then she told me that our old school is now a university. so probably this coming school year, Miriam will now be called Miriam University (MU for short. ang sweet.) no offense to my old school, but i find the shortcut (MU) funny. haha. anyway, my old schoolmate said that there are already new brochures with the name "Miriam University" on it. courses such as BS and AB Psychology are now under a college, which is College of Arts and Sciences. new course such as BS Biology is also now being offered.

it has been four years since i graduated from that school and it is now a university. i wonder what other changes would happen in the next few years.

0 comments on "Miriam University (formerly Miriam College)"

Followers