Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Starbucks Planner Promo


my blog has many visitors today because of the Starbucks Planner. i have a picture of the Starbucks 2008 planner in this blog entry and that's where most visitors landed after googling it. so why are people looking for the Starbucks planner? well, today is the first day of the Starbucks 2009 Planner promo. yup, it's that time of the year again. but for the first time since 2005, i wouldn't be collecting stickers to get the planner. i know that it has been my tradition for the past 3 years. but not anymore.

i already got myself a planner, the Belle de Jour Power Planner (BDJ). i already paid for it since the news came out about it last October. i am just waiting for the day it would arrive on my doorstep.

for this year, i have 2 planners: BDJ and Starbucks. the BDJ planner is the one i'm using while the Starbucks planner is just lying inside my cabinet. so it would be a total waste if i get myself a Starbucks planner which would just be kept inside my cabinet. besides, i haven't been a loyal Starbucks customer this year. i have been a loyal Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf customer instead.

i used to have my caffeine/choco/green tea fix from Starbucks back in college. but i got more "sort-of" (haha) addicted to it when a store opened near the school where i worked more than 3 years ago. so for almost every day of my life, i went to Starbucks after every work when i don't have a class in UP. i even went there during weekends. i go there to study, read, drink Iced Chocolate/Green Tea Frap/Iced White Mocha/Caramel Macchiato/Hazelnut Mocha, think, relax, meet with friends, etc. some of the baristas there became my friends. even the security guards. i also met lots of people (other customers) there. Starbucks has been my home until i transferred to a new one last March. make that 2 homes: Coffee Bean in TriNoma and The Block. every time i want to relax, study, or just drink coffee/tea, i go to Coffee Bean. i have tasted almost all their drinks and i like them all.

anyway, back to the planner. based from what i've read in the forums i visit, the planner looks like the 2006 planner. it comes in three colors: red, black, and blue. the number of stickers you need to collect is only 15. but the bad news about this year's promo is that Peppermint is no longer included in the holiday drinks. jeez. what is Christmas without Peppermint? the featured drinks for this season are Dark Cherry Mocha, Toffee Nut Latte, and Praline Mocha.

but why am i writing about this anyway? i dunno. i guess it just feels weird to break a tradition. i remember completing my stickers in less than a month because i was at Starbucks every day. i even got an extra planner for my Dad. i also helped my sister and some friends complete their stickers. the experience was exciting. but i have to be practical. i have to save my money for more important things. so i guess it's goodbye Starbucks planner for me. at least for now.

2006, 2007, & 2008 Starbucks Planners

2 comments on "Starbucks Planner Promo"

B. on 11:56 PM said...

hi :) can i link you to my page?

angel on 10:17 PM said...

sure, no prob. :)

Followers