Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Book Shopping 1


I had an impulsive book shopping last August 23 (Saturday) at SM Makati. Almost all my book purchases are actually on an impulse. Tee-hee. :P

I first went to Powerbooks, Greenbelt to check out the books since there were only a few days left before the sale ends. I saw a lot of books that I like but did not buy any. I had some important things to buy first so I decided that I'd come back as soon as I buy the things I needed.

I went to SM Makati to buy the things I needed. While I was walking, I saw the book sale that has been going on for weeks. I have seen that book sale in my previous visits to Makati but I never stopped to browse or buy. When I saw the giant coloring books on display, I decided to check out the books on sale. After almost an hour, I ended up with these purchases:

top (left to right): Breakfast in Babylon by Emer Martin; Like Normal People by Karen E. Bender
bottom (left to right): The Appointment by Herta Muller; Eating the Cheshire Cat by Helen Ellis

The books cost P99 apiece. But there was a promo that if you buy one P99 book, you get another one for free (buy one, take one). So in total, I only paid P198 for all these books. I was really happy with my purchases that I did not go back to Powerbooks, Greenbelt anymore. Though on my way home, I passed by Powerbooks, TriNoma. I stayed there for just a few minutes before I get the chance to deplete my savings account.

0 comments on "Book Shopping 1"

Followers