Friday, April 03, 2009

weird encounter


i was very bored yesterday so i went to Makati to window shop in Greenbelt, Landmark, Glorietta, and SM. when i went to the ladies' room in Landmark (the one near the shoes department), a lady suddenly talked to me. we were in front of the mirror fixing ourselves. she asked me if i'm a Filipino. i told her that i am. then she introduced herself to me. she said that she's a Thai and she's from Bangkok. she's here in the Philippines to open a "bisnet". i think she means "business" though i didn't correct her. i just listened to what she was saying. she's looking for someone who could speak English well and could help her with her "bisnet." i just said okay and nodded my head while powdering my face. she then got her box of calling cards and gave me one. i accepted it and put it in my bag. i didn't ask questions about her "bisnet" because i'm not interested. i could help her with the English thing, but i have more important things to do. she then got her pen and paper and asked me for my number. i asked her why. her friend, also a Thai, suddenly appeared on the other side of me and told me that it's okay so that i could have new friends. ow-kay. i don't give my numbers to strangers so i told them that i'm a college student and my parents forbid me from giving my number to strangers. i apologized then immediately left the restroom.

i don't know why, but for some reason, i am always approached by foreigners (Indians, Koreans, Japanese). those people have only one question to me:

how do i go to _____?
where is _____ located?

their question is always about directions. i sometimes ask myself if i look like a map for them to ask me for directions. but the incident yesterday was something i didn't expect. i thought that the Thai lady would ask me how to go to Greenbelt or where is a particular store located. she must have been really desperate for her to talk to me and try to do "bisnet" with me. i didn't throw the calling card she gave me. i'll put it in my journal as a remembrance of my weird encounter.

1 comments on "weird encounter"

COLEEN on 8:34 PM said...

that's weird;-)

Followers