Thursday, June 15, 2006

thoughts on a sleepless night: part deux


being insomniac has its advantages. one is having the time to update this blog. haha. i am wide awake again with nothing in particular to write about. i'm just letting the time pass until i'll find myself sleepy again (which i think is not going to happen anytime soon). so like what i always do on a sleepless night, i'm going to share with you random thoughts that are currently running in my head.

... i'm listening right now to Shawn Colvin's song, "When You Know." this song is from the OST of the film Serendipity. this song was played when Jonathan (John Cusack) opened the wedding gift given to him by his fiancee. as you know, if you've seen the film, the gift was the book Jonathan has been searching for. it was where Sara (Kate Beckinsale) wrote her name and number. what if you're about to get married and a day or hours before your wedding, you suddenly realized or felt that the person you're going to marry is not the one you want to spend the rest of your life with? you strongly feel that the "one" for you is somewhere out there. would you still go on with the wedding? and the person you feel who is the one for you is the person you met in your not-so-distant past. okay, i know that this is the storyline of the film. but what if this happens to you? hmmm...

... i want to learn how to speak French coz it has always been my dream to spend the rest of my life in Paris. i have no idea on what kind of life i'll have there. maybe i'll teach in a small preschool. i just hope that i'll meet a really gorgeous French guy. we'll get married, have kids (preferably fraternal twins, a girl and a boy), and grow old with each other. hahaha. as if!

... but right now, the language that i need to learn is Korean. not that i want to understand the Korean dramas i've been watching coz i'm already okay with just reading the subtitles. i have 2 Korean students right now and communication is sometimes difficult. learning their language is a really big help.

... speaking of Koreans, i already miss Anna and Cindy, the 2 Korean girls who attended the summer program in school. i hope they'll go back and ask for tutorial services so that i can spend time with them again.

... for the past few weeks, i've been thinking of a new hairstyle to revamp my look. i'v been wearing this long hair of mine for such a long time now and i'm starting to get bored with it. since my hair has been super straight ever since i was born, i'm thinking of having it curled. only that my mom is sooo against it. she and my sister both have wavy hair and they hated it and envied mine. she tells me that having my hair curled is a crazy idea. so i might as well go bald. at least, i'll get a totally different look.

... come to think of it, i'm already 22 years old so i can do whatever i want with my hair. but i still live with my parents and if i curled my hair, my mom might not let me in our house anymore. well, that is an exaggeration. i know she won't do that coz when my brother had his hair shaved, she still let him live in our house. only that she calls my brother crazy every time she sees my brother's scalp.

... why is the title of my blog "memoirs of an angel"? i know that i'm no angel. i just like the sound of it.

... magpa-dreadlocks na lang kaya ako ala Bob Marley?

... my mom's already awake. and i'm still awake.

... i'm craving for french fries from McDonald's right now.

okay. that's it. i'm logging off. be back soon.

2 comments on "thoughts on a sleepless night: part deux"

Pep on 4:59 AM said...

its imposible that your name are jazz

Anonymous said...

you know what makes a blog interesting? it's the quality of randomness that the blogger injects into his statements and twice to his paragraphs... you share moments of your life without necessarily promoting yourself, and i think it's equally delightful as it is entertaining.
just one advice: get enough sleep...

Followers